A hearty thank you to everyone who helped us reach our 2012 Matchstick goal !
Your generous contributions to our 2012 Endowment Fund Matchstick Campaign helped us reach our Matchstick goal in record time! Every $2 of your gift leveraged a match of another $1 from the Community Foundation of Bloomington & Monroe County, allowing us to set an $82,000 cornerstone into our foundation of financial security.
Leverage the power of your gift again in 2013 as we continue to build our Endowment Fund through the Community Foundation Matchstick Program.
Also . . .
Please help us keep the music playing for everyone!
Consider an annual gift to our general operations budget that will . . .
- support production costs for 20 great free concerts;
- provide Musicianship Development Workshops for our members;
- help us buy equipment, like a new set of concert bells; and
- buy new music, so we can keep the concerts exciting.
- Click the “Donate” button above to donate securely online. You do NOT need a Paypal account to make an online contribution.
- Send your general operations check payable to the “BCB” to
Bloomington Community Band, P. O. Box 237, Bloomington, IN 47402.
- Make your Endowment Fund check out to “CFBMC” with a note on the check: BCB Endowment and mail it to the
Community Foundation of Bloomington and Monroe County, 101 W. Kirkwood Avenue, Suite 321, Bloomington, IN 47404.
Your donation is safe, secure, and goes directly to support your band. Thank you for your donation.
All contributions will be acknowledged on our website unless anonymity is requested here.
The Bloomington Community Band is a 501 (c) (3) non-profit organization. Visit our GuideStar page here.
Consult your tax adviser to determine whether your contribution is tax deductible.
Endowment Fund History:
In 2012, the band launched a large fundraising campaign to substantially increase our existing endowment. Partnering with the Community Foundation of Bloomington and Monroe County through their Matchstick Initiative, we raised $46,667, which the Foundation matched $1 for every $2. The campaign was very successful, and now the endowment stands at about $82,000. We continue to build this fund aggressively. Part of the income from the endowment is earmarked to provide stipends for the music director and a student library assistant. See the Newell Long Conducting Fund and the Ralph Papakhian Librarian Fund for more information about the individuals for whom those funds are named.